JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meriwether Mike

Just got caught up. Congratulations to Worley and Ultramag. Some fine bucks. JT you are having quite a year. Prayers for a quick recovery for your hand. Now for my story. Before going to KY I has been getting pictures of my buck in daylight in the area of my stand. I decided that I would try and take him if the opportunity presented. My BIL and I got up at 3:30 and readied ourselves for hunting. After getting to my tree I said a prayer for life things and also asked for God to send this buck my way. I asked for my shot to be true and his pain short. My stand is in the hardwoods along the edge of a CRP field. I saw two does early come from the east below me and walk into the CRP. They stayed in the thick area and would have been a difficult shot. A little later a six point followed their trail in the wrong direction trailing them. I had just texted me FIL to wish him a Great Veterans Day and put the phone away when I saw him walking the same trail as the does earlier. I got my rifle up and knew it would be hard to get a shot in the thick area. As I watched him he just turned and started walking straight at me. I knew I would have a clear shot. He came to me and turned left to pass me on my right hand side. At 25 yards I took the shot on his left front shoulder as he quartered to me. He run about 30 yards past me carrying his broke leg. He stopped and I held off bolting another round as the noise would spook him more. After about five seconds he got wobbly and dropped. I bolted in another round and watched him. He passed after about 20 seconds. I thanked God for bringing him right to me and putting him almost in my lap. It was a truly great morning.

Last edited:

shadow2

Back in a tree after taking the AM off. I have not missed a AM sit since the last Friday in October.

While not ideal, I’m on the south end of a thick bedding area along a travel corridor over to some beans that were cut this weekend. Thick to my rear (N) pasture to my W and east separated by a timbered ditch that I’m sitting in.

I have already had a spike run a doe through. Grunting like he owned the woods. Now if the one that does own the woods would come along that would be great.

Heavy Chevy

Just got caught up. Congratulations to Worley and Ultramag. Some fine bucks. JT you are having quite a year. Prayers for a quick recovery for your hand. Now for my story. Before going to KY I has been getting pictures of my buck in daylight in the area of my stand. I decided that I would try and take him if the opportunity presented. My BIL and I got up at 3:30 and readied ourselves for hunting. After getting to my tree I said a prayer for life things and also asked for God to send this buck my way. I asked for shot to be true and his pain short. My stand is in the hardwoods along the edge of a CRP field. I saw two does early come from the east below me and walk into the CRP. They stayed in the thick area and would have been a difficult shot. A little later a six point followed their trail in the wrong direction trailing them. I had just texted me FIL to wish him a Great Veterans Day and put the phone away when I saw him walking the same trail as the does earlier. I got my rifle up and knew it would be hard to get a shot in the thick area. As I watched him he just turned and started walking straight at me. I knew I would have a clear shot. He came to me and turned left to pass me on my right hand side. At 25 yards I took the shot on his left front shoulder as he quartered to me. He run about 30 yards past me carrying his broke leg. He stopped and I held off bolting another round as the noise would spook him more. After about five seconds he got wobbly and dropped. I bolted in another round and watched him. He passed after about 20 seconds. I thanked God for bringing him right to me and putting him almost in my lap. It was a truly great morning.
Congratulations Mike sounds like a prayer answered.

flatsmaster

JT I'm just curious . Were you holding down the back clutch button on a raven ? My kids shoot an r29 and a buddy showed me that trick so it doesn't make the clicking noise when you crank it . I have always been a little hesitant of it slipping and the hand crank doing that . Good thing about crossbows . You can go left or right handed .
Rosco I have that same crossbow I think I bought it five years ago when they first came out I had shoulder problem and yes if that clutch isn’t engaged you better keep a hold of the crank handle same as when you Decock it … I bought it because at the time it was the only one you could Decock and didn’t have to shoot an arrow every time

gutterman

Had a great sit this morning. Saw a couple shooters, just couldn’t close the deal. Had some things to take care of, so got in stand late. I am in a tripod stand, in a bottom that separates to fields. It was closest stand to get in. A lot of fawn killin, egg suckin, turkey eatin coyotes have been killed from this stand. Thought I might try to do my part and if that big ole buck comes by even better.

Mike 65

No signal this am. Had small bucks running does everywhere. Seen a nice double drop tine buck. My buddy kilt him. Had a big one slip through that I didn’t see. Showed up on a cam about 100 yds away. They were moving great this am. I’ll try there again in the am. For now I looking over a bottom where 4 bug draws lead out to cut corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.