Streak coming to an end

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’m uniformed every third day, been begging the new chief to OK shorts for day to day but he hasn’t caved yet. Probably be a fist fight if the cotton picker place demanded long pants, to hot for all that.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
How many of these things will be said at your next meeting?

"Let's put a pin in that"

"We'll circle back around to that"

"This meeting is just to touch base"

"We're going to meet to plan the next meeting"

"It's a win win"

"Just want to run this up the flagpole"

"Team work makes the dream work"

"Think outside the box"

What other annoying meeting cliché will be used to drive Sinclair1 crazy?
"Let's roundtable"
"Get out in front"

jdgator

"Let's roundtable"
"Get out in front"
Here’s a few more hits:

“Let’s have a jam session and brainstorm
more ideas”

“Let’s review the KPIs”

“Just a couple housekeeping issues…”

“Who hired that consultant?”

sinclair1

On the other side of the coin, you can tell who’s wife forces them out of the hills to go to the beach :bounce:

They will have on jeans on a 100 degree beach afraid to pull those pasty legs out. :rofl:

I usually ask, blue ridge?

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
That has bout crippled my precious hubby.

It did cripple me. Three operations on my right knee, total replacement of my left knee, operation on my left ankle. Barehand transmission line work is a real killer. Several that I worked with have already gone on ahead.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

SC Hunter

"Well we will look into that issue and get back to you"

"Just know we're looking into that issue"

"Mr. Hortman we received a complaint that you may have called Mr. Whoever stupid... did you??"

I really don't like that last one. I never call them stupid, I ask them if they are stupid. It's a huge difference.

oldfella1962

How many of these things will be said at your next meeting?

"Let's put a pin in that"

"We'll circle back around to that"

"This meeting is just to touch base"

"We're going to meet to plan the next meeting"

"It's a win win"

"Just want to run this up the flagpole"

"Team work makes the dream work"

"Think outside the box"

What other annoying meeting cliché will be used to drive Sinclair1 crazy?
HA! Now I'm having flashbacks of Army briefings & meetings. :LOL: The higher their rank was the more cliches & doubletalk they spewed. The opposite of that was our First Sergeant when I went to Iraq - during one 20 minute or so briefing he dropped over 100 "F-bombs" - a couple of guys were actually keeping count. He wasn't angry - he was pretty mellow all the time - that's just the way he talked.

Yes I have been in a "meeting to plan a meeting" before. I have been to a "dress rehearsal" for the actual training meeting for a organizing & running a very typical M16 qualification range in a unit that was 90 percent NCO's! :crazy: Our First Sergeant (different guy than the Iraq guy) was afraid that the actual meeting might not "go smoothly enough" in front of the Battalion Sergeant Major - who had no involvement in going to the range event (he just liked to kibbutz and hear himself talk) - thus making the First Sergeant look bad, so we had a rehearsal of the meeting the day prior. :rolleyes:

oldfella1962

"Well we will look into that issue and get back to you"

"Just know we're looking into that issue"

"Mr. Hortman we received a complaint that you may have called Mr. Whoever stupid... did you??"

I really don't like that last one. I never call them stupid, I ask them if they are stupid. It's a huge difference.
HA! "Looking into that issue" means "don't hold your breath". :mad:

SC Hunter

HA! "Looking into that issue" means "don't hold your breath". :mad:
I actually use the "we'll look into that and discuss it with the crews to get to the bottom of the situation and everything squared away" quite regularly. Especially if it is something stupid and ridiculous that I'd never ask an employee to do.

Stroker

Oc
I haven’t wore my suburban uniform of kaki pants in 11 months. Actually I haven’t wore long pants in that time.

After 11 months in shorts even thru last winters cold snap, I have a meeting that requires pants and a shave.

It was a good run that will go another year.
I wear shorts 365 except for camo during deer season, weddings, funerals and chain saw operations. October 15th will be four years of wearing shorts to work every day. There's a few of us here that wear them every work day, even down to 18 degrees. Luckily it's only 400 yards from parking lot to building. The boys enjoy a good refreshing cool breeze after sweating all summer.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
HA! Now I'm having flashbacks of Army briefings & meetings. :LOL: The higher their rank was the more cliches & doubletalk they spewed. The opposite of that was our First Sergeant when I went to Iraq - during one 20 minute or so briefing he dropped over 100 "F-bombs" - a couple of guys were actually keeping count. He wasn't angry - he was pretty mellow all the time - that's just the way he talked.

Yes I have been in a "meeting to plan a meeting" before. I have been to a "dress rehearsal" for the actual training meeting for a organizing & running a very typical M16 qualification range in a unit that was 90 percent NCO's! :crazy: Our First Sergeant (different guy than the Iraq guy) was afraid that the actual meeting might not "go smoothly enough" in front of the Battalion Sergeant Major - who had no involvement in going to the range event (he just liked to kibbutz and hear himself talk) - thus making the First Sergeant look bad, so we had a rehearsal of the meeting the day prior. :rolleyes:
Sounds like the Pentagon, pre IPR, to the pre IPR, etc.

"Let's throw it against the wall and see what sticks"

Latest posts