The little one! JT, Bubba, Qturn and Blu 3 days Live From The Tree IL & SC

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thanks for all the good info, JT. Hope you did not get any poison growth on the ladder's tree on yourself. That little finger of woods between woodlots was on your Google Earth image on the previous thread page.

Bubba's young 8 in that photo sure does look rather sizeable critter compared to what we usually see down here in Georgia.

Whoa, that's a heckuva rub from the Saline County land.

:eek:

just thought yall would appreciate that the side of my head and neck and cheek is covered in poison oak or ivy or sumac or whatever the heck else was on that danged tree! trying like heck to keep it out of my eye and ear. Man we gotta be on the road here soon I cant have this :banginghe :cry:

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
I'm hoping I don't get it. Just pulled small vine off the tree I climbed with my glove. It's been a good glove, bless its heart. Hate it lost its life like that.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
I'm in front of a truck with a big LFTT sticker on the back glass on Pennyrile Pkwy right now! Figured it might be one of you guys.

Yup...That was me!!...Sadly having to drive back to GA for a week or so....Should of waved me down....I'll stop and talk deer hunting anytime, anywhere !!:cool:

talisman

You guys are making it rough to work but on the good side im off to kentucky to our lease tomorrow for a muzzle loader hunt this weekend and weather looks like its gonna be cool but we do have a full moon but it will still be nice to hang on the side of a tree and enjoy the great outdoors

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
You guys are making it rough to work but on the good side im off to kentucky to our lease tomorrow for a muzzle loader hunt this weekend and weather looks like its gonna be cool but we do have a full moon but it will still be nice to hang on the side of a tree and enjoy the great outdoors

good luck in KY brother. This cool weather is great! We are a week behind you. The GIANT one kicks off next friday in sturgis KY :yeah:

coonhunter

How deep is the water to bens stand it wasnt to bad last year.I rattled in and killed a nice 9pt there.Rattled in 3 young bucks the evening before one was the crab claw in your pics last year they came from the cut over in front.the one I killed came up from the left in a trot stopped in front of the stand behind that big tree.shot him right before he stepped over that log on the ground.I want be there this year but Jamie and family will be there the first week in Nov. to hunt with Ed.I'm gonna miss it.May go to Ohio.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
How deep is the water to bens stand it wasnt to bad last year.I rattled in and killed a nice 9pt there.Rattled in 3 young bucks the evening before one was the crab claw in your pics last year they came from the cut over in front.the one I killed came up from the left in a trot stopped in front of the stand behind that big tree.shot him right before he stepped over that log on the ground.I want be there this year but Jamie and family will be there the first week in Nov. to hunt with Ed.I'm gonna miss it.May go to Ohio.

It was about thigh deep halfway in. That crabclaw came a good long ways to get there. I rattled him in a couple of times for May up near the barns and then he was shot at the house on the pond up near town. Fella was getting around:D

Hate that you cant be here with us, but Ohio is a good alternative!

turkeykirk

Looks like ya'll will have some cold weather for the Big One! Don't know about going barefooted though!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Looks like ya'll will have some cold weather for the Big One! Don't know about going barefooted though!

barefoot is always good:)

had our first frost up here this morning...its coming! Fact is I now have 36 hours of work remaining and Friday morning I head south and bubba heads NW

turkeykirk

Bet those 36 hours seem like 360 hours! Good luck.

hoosierdaddy79

I'm a little late this year but have a few updates. The banana heads killed so far this year so far. Just starting to see some bucks. Saw the first shooter yesterday right before shooting light. Full moon showed me That his rack was wider than his body though. That qualifies him as a short for me. Also saw apiebald doe and taking. She has made it to the hitlist. Hopefully I can get y'all some pics up this year.

zman

Goo luck lftt group.. since i am down an out i will be keeping up with ya'll.. Don't let me down..lol

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I'm a little late this year but have a few updates. The banana heads killed so far this year so far. Just starting to see some bucks. Saw the first shooter yesterday right before shooting light. Full moon showed me That his rack was wider than his body though. That qualifies him as a short for me. Also saw apiebald doe and taking. She has made it to the hitlist. Hopefully I can get y'all some pics up this year.

the group we have in new haven right now just started seeing deer yesterday. cool weather is always good:D post em up brother

Goo luck lftt group.. since i am down an out i will be keeping up with ya'll.. Don't let me down..lol

well I cant guarantee the deer or the weather will cooperate...but you know I can guarantee a good time!

Luv2Bowhnt

Good luck guys! Always enjoys ya'lls LFTT! Me and my 12 yr old were up this weekend for a quick hunt. Had pictures of a real good 13pt on trail camera and went up to hunt him. Anyway to make long story short, we didn't hunt Saturday am due to rain and left early Sunday (38 degrees and calm...what was I thinking??) to make the long drive back to south GA. Anyway got 2 pictures of the buck at 7:18am Sunday morning right in front of my stand. Be back up 1st wk of Nov if the Mrs. allows and if not then be back Nov 16th. Good luck this season and stay safe! Btw, still got the white dust and caked on mud all over my truck...makes me wish I was back in the bottoms!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good luck guys! Always enjoys ya'lls LFTT! Me and my 12 yr old were up this weekend for a quick hunt. Had pictures of a real good 13pt on trail camera and went up to hunt him. Anyway to make long story short, we didn't hunt Saturday am due to rain and left early Sunday (38 degrees and calm...what was I thinking??) to make the long drive back to south GA. Anyway got 2 pictures of the buck at 7:18am Sunday morning right in front of my stand. Be back up 1st wk of Nov if the Mrs. allows and if not then be back Nov 16th. Good luck this season and stay safe! Btw, still got the white dust and caked on mud all over my truck...makes me wish I was back in the bottoms!

that white dust never goes away! and these big boys do not slow down in the bottoms:D

Attachments

• dusty.jpg
    dusty.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 593

hoosierdaddy79

Well been in the tree since well before sunrise and the deer are just starting to move. Just had a decent 7 come in and hang out for a second. I don't know if you'll be able to see him in this pic out not but it's worth a shot.ok. so I guess I'm gonna have to pay a little too figure out how to load these pics. Until then I guess I'll wait around for more deer. ..lol