Thoughts on trolling motor light kit?

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Where we duck hunt, a hundred plus boats a morning run with light bars from 4am to daylight. you would be dead if you didn’t. When I fish tournaments, I feel crazy not using a light bar like we have for years in the duck woods. I think everyone should be running one it would be much safer than a green and red skittle on the bow and a candlelight on the stern. So what if you have to squint a little, at least you saw him coming around the bend.
Q beam. Small circle of light shining in front of the boat sweeping to not hit stuff. It's not crazy. It's more light than a light bar because it's where you need it. Light bar folks are just gonna see whatever they hit right before they hit it. I'm cool with whatever anybody does. But when they say "I think everyone should" I start holding my ground. Anybody can have whatever they want. But they'll never have anything better than a million candle spotlight blazing the path of the boat.

Edit *unless its more than a million candle power

Also edit *there's a lot to be said for staying dark and letting your eyes adjust. But that won't do on overcast moonless nights. Dark is dark. Whichever method: just because you haven't hit something doesn't mean you were doing it the best way. It just means you havent hit something.

Spotlight.

Latest posts