6 day Live From The Tree..Jt and Bubba in IL!!!

alan

Glad you all are in the woods again! Have you found any dead deer this year? I hunt a little north of you in Jasper Co and they have found quite a few dead from ehd. Hope its not a bad sign of things to come for my trip this year.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Morning slow down has happened...dead now. Even birds and squirrel are still.

So 2 tips of the day for those that eat and drink on stand...

You don't have to buy a thermos with a pour spout...just turn the stopped afew turns and pour as usual. No spill and yep if you're like me and have ever dropped the stopper you'll appreciate :cheers:

A chewy granola bar in a hip pocket with a few handwarmers becomes a gooey granola bar ...mmmmmmmmmmm!

Gone Fishin

Thx for posting pics. I enjoy taking a break from work, and seeing what you have posted.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Alan it didn't hit us as hard. Only one dead found that I know of and it was a nice buck in a bean field so prolly shot and not found by road shooters although we don't.know for sure

hoosierdaddy79

So gooey granola bar=better granola bar right? I'm glad you guys are seeing deer down there. Up here in Indiana they aren't moving worth a hoot yet. The only 3 bucks I've seen this year look very similar to the ones you posted today. Gonna give it a try again this afternoon as soon as I get done slaving at work. Stack 'em up boys!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thx Hoosier...good luck bro!

Its so early for up here...almost never see the beasts for a while longer...although I would like to change that today lol

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No more deer...time for a sammage and maybe hang another stand for bubba...who I haven't heard from in a while. He is prolly asleep again

Later people

BornToHuntAndFish

Good to hear the "October lull" has not set in up there in S. IL.

Sounds like every place ya'll hunt up there has a long rich history of seeing or slaying shooters.:bounce:

Hope ya'll can get on some bad boy beasts and bare-headed broads & banana-heads in the late afternoon hunt.

Still wondering who's gonna be the 1st up there to serve up some backstraps for the grill. JT needs more venison for his famous vegetable soup & chili.

How2fish

JT best of luck to you both thanks for the posts. I'm seriously getting hyped for the start of muzzle loader and your posts are just great for getting pumped up...stay safe and keep posting !!:fine::fine:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Glad we can help keep the fire stoked folks. Y'all know we have a lot of fun doing it too

Back on stand with spotty at best reception . Will do what i can

My last hunt for a handful of days so this needs to happen! I am in an oak flat staging area on the edge of a cut bean field. Im maybe 100 yards behind my coffee cup buck stand. These acorns are being hut so hard it looks like plowed ground. This spot has prolly never actually been hunted and I carried a climber in and put on a tree we picked out yesterday . I didn't have much cover up here about tied a green cut branch to the front of my climber for a makeshift blind.

Bubba is in the lockon we hung at lunch which is about 100 yards behind the ladder I was on last eve and a few hundred yards across the slew from my ladder this morning.

Its toasty at 55 with a light s by ssw wind

Strapped in and bow is hung ....come on paw paw!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
.Bubba...
08-10-12_16-06-51.jpg

Me...
08-10-12_16-05-36.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just squirrels so far for me. Bubba had a full grown banana head in there with him a few mins ago.

Should start happening in here any minute according to how many tines I've seen deer in this field behind me right at dark

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Add 2 more does to the fray. Now I have 6 deer under me chowing down!

Might get bad if one slips around behind me and backs off my tree a bit

Where's that big boy at? Sun is gone and everything is still...well cept these mommas n babies :bounce:

Prime time people.....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bravura slow in Bubba woods...just one doe that left and came back to sniff the new ladder sticks