JT and Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
0fer here so far and sitting in a nasty tiny old ladder with bug field worn out cushion and platform half the size of my boot... back is already screaming so may not make it till lunch?? However I did get to see another sunrise so its a Win!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Man I must have a funk about me that no one's mentioned. I've been winded a bunch in last couple days and that's not normal.

Momma and 2 babies just come out of back of plot and down the ridge towards me. Course they had to break off and get below me instead of above and the second she got down wind she picked me up.

Should have just shot and been done
Been meaning to talk to u about that

chrisw1073

Funny you mentioned the funk JT. I was going to ask you what kind of scent control you use. Seems like you get winded often. It happened several times last year as well. Have you ever tried smoking your clothes? It flat out works.

Curtis-UGA

Man I must have a funk about me that no one's mentioned. I've been winded a bunch in last couple days and that's not normal.

Momma and 2 babies just come out of back of plot and down the ridge towards me. Course they had to break off and get below me instead of above and the second she got down wind she picked me up.

You know my answer to getting winded. ;)

bilgerat

Senior
Bubba I'm feeling your pain, I hunted a old wooden ladder stand sunday morn and couldn't take it more than a hour, had to get down and sit on the ground

Curtis-UGA

Funny you mentioned the funk JT. I was going to ask you what kind of scent control you use. Seems like you get winded often. It happened several times last year as well. Have you ever tried smoking your clothes? It flat out works.
Yes it does.

MidwestAddiction

You might need the optifade suit might help :)
Good luck man-hope you guys tag one

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

More bathing less beans Jim ?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I don't remember last year being any more than normal, which traditionally has not been an issue. This year it's been brutal so far. I've thought about smoking the clothes, but am too far into season to mess with it now. And have really never had an issue other than the times you are supposed to get winded lol. Just gotta play the wind even more so.

Left to right...

IMG_20181023_44585.jpgIMG_20181023_49979.jpgIMG_20181023_54353.jpgIMG_20181023_58733.jpg

j_seph

Sumfn' like this should keep your scent under control @Jim Thompson

Maybe you need to try the smoke technique and report back to us on if it covers your scent. You seem like a prime candidate.
maxresdefault.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sumfn' like this should keep your scent under control @Jim Thompson

Maybe you need to try the smoke technique and report back to us on if it covers your scent. You seem like a prime candidate.
maxresdefault.jpg
Uhm thx...I think ?

No more deer since. Up to 7 which is great for Oct. Morning is absolutely beautiful and other than the NE wind, perfect. Sun feels great coming up on my back. Gotta figure I'll have a little 9am primetime movement.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Doe and button are now bedded almost dead under me and altho bedded deer go into a kind of daze and you can get away with a bunch, it is always nerve wracking

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Warming up quick. Gonna give it a little longer and then go to work on stands. NE or E wind for next several days so we need options.

Momma and button are still bedded. Wonder if either wants a sip of coffee

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No hunt this eve. We have been steady hanging and scouting. Be back in the morning with a plan.

Now's almost Miller time boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.