JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. Changes and Challenges IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

talisman

Pulled my youngest out of school early and we are tucked in a muddy blind . Light snow and 30 . Wnw wind . Big boys are tending and searching . We jumped a shooter bedded with a doe 50 yards from the stand and shortly thereafter a cam in the opposite direction went off with another shooter pushing does around for ten mins . Good luck . Should be good
Good luck gentlemen

gutterman

Made it to KY. Had some of the best brisket in the world at KEN-TEX. Helped the guys with a few things and ran to a stand. Well maybe not ran. The bucks are hot, tending and chasing. One guy had a big ten at 30 yards and the gun snapped. Don’t know what happened. He was tending and running off the pretenders. I get one sit and up early headed to IL. We had one guy stay and got a nice one this morning with a bow. I’ll post pics when signal is better. Good luck!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Nine hours in this tree and I'm freezing! 32 degrees, 25 mph winds gusting to 35 and it'ssnowing... but the deer are moving. Trying to hang in here the last 2 hours. IMG_20221116_36362.jpgIMG_20221116_48805.jpgIMG_20221116_7874.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sometimes it amazes me how many people follow Live From The Tree.

After my closing down post I received about 200 messages on here, FB messenger and calls or texts with offers of thoughts and prayers for something that no one knew the details on. Most of the messages are from folks I don't personally know and have never talked with, but they see this.

All are appreciated but definitely not expected. I'm a seriously private fella and don't normally share much about what's happening in my personal life, but again thanks for the thought.

I lost my momma on Saturday. My brother called about 1pm just before I was getting in a tree to give me the news and I've been on the phone since trying to help with arrangements. She was 77 and had been in bad health for last couple of years and living with him in GA. He was her primary care giver for about the last 8 months. Her passing was not expected, but I was not surprised either. It was just her time to go. She's definitely in a better place now.

Mark told me that even though she'd lost her mind in the last year, she asked him regularly "did Jim get a deer yet?" That was what she thought of when she thought of me. Even though she never hunted and never encouraged me to start hunting and had no way or the means to get me started, when I did start she never discouraged it...other than to tell me that my passion will cost me relationships :bounce:

Y'all keep on hunting and just know you're appreciated.

Last edited:

slow motion

After my closing down post I received about 200 messages on here, FB messenger and calls or texts with offers of thoughts and prayers for something that no one knew the details on. Most of the messages are from folks I don't personally know and have never talked with, but they see this.

All are appreciated but definitely not expected. I'm a seriously private fella and don't normally share much about what's happening in my personal life, but again thanks for the thought.

I lost my momma on Saturday. My brother called about 1pm just before I was getting in a tree to give me the news and I've been on the phone since trying to help with arrangements. She was 77 and had been in bad health for last couple of years and living with him in GA. He was her primary care giver for about the last 8 months. Her passing was not expected, but I was not surprised either. It was just her time to go. She's definitely in a better place now.

Mark told me that even though she'd lost her mind in the last tear, she asked him regularly "did Jim get a deer yet?" That was what she thought of when she thought of me. Even though she never hunted and never encouraged me to start hunting and had no way or the means to get me started, when I did start she never discouraged it...other than to tell me that my passion will cost me relationships :bounce:

Sorry for your loss Jim. Continued prayers.

P C I

Mark told me that even though she'd lost her mind in the last tear, she asked him regularly "did Jim get a deer yet?" That was what she thought of when she thought of me. Even though she never hunted and never encouraged me to start hunting and had no way or the means to get me started, when I did start she never discouraged it...other than to tell me that my passion will cost me relationships :bounce:

Sorry for your loss Jim

@Jim Thompson my heart goes out to you brother. Wishing you well in this time of mourning.. my condolences go out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing this with all of us…as many others have said this is the number one thing I look forward to each deer season. You have a way with people and telling your story and hunts. This has become a staple here and I would be surely lost with out it during deer season.. thanks for all the sacrifices you make to do this for all of us.. stay safe brother and take care of yourself ….

Status
Not open for further replies.