JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. Changes and Challenges IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHefner17

Sometimes it amazes me how many people follow Live From The Tree.

After my closing down post I received about 200 messages on here, FB messenger and calls or texts with offers of thoughts and prayers for something that no one knew the details on. Most of the messages are from folks I don't personally know and have never talked with, but they see this.

All are appreciated but definitely not expected. I'm a seriously private fella and don't normally share much about what's happening in my personal life, but again thanks for the thought.

I lost my momma on Saturday. My brother called about 1pm just before I was getting in a tree to give me the news and I've been on the phone since trying to help with arrangements. She was 77 and had been in bad health for last couple of years and living with him in GA. He was her primary care giver for about the last 8 months. Her passing was not expected, but I was not surprised either. It was just her time to go. She's definitely in a better place now.

Mark told me that even though she'd lost her mind in the last year, she asked him regularly "did Jim get a deer yet?" That was what she thought of when she thought of me. Even though she never hunted and never encouraged me to start hunting and had no way or the means to get me started, when I did start she never discouraged it...other than to tell me that my passion will cost me relationships :bounce:

Y'all keep on hunting and just know you're appreciated.
Prayers brother

Worley

Jim we ain’t never met, but hunted the same ground in Peru, Indiana but I feel like I know you well. As others have said - thoughts and prayers for you brother. I’ve literally had u on my mind most the day while in the tree….I’m sure your mom was proud to call ya her son.

uturn

@Jim Thompson my heart goes out to you brother. Wishing you well in this time of mourning.. my condolences go out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing this with all of us…as many others have said this is the number one thing I look forward to each deer season. You have a way with people and telling your story and hunts. This has become a staple here and I would be surely lost with out it during deer season.. thanks for all the sacrifices you make to do this for all of us.. stay safe brother and take care of yourself ….
This about covers it honestly!

Praying for comfort to you and your family Jim…

bulletjig

Jim prayers for you and your family. My mom turned 78 Nov 9th and she lives with me so I guess I’m her caregiver. Love this thread and the people who we will probably never meet. God bless you and your family in this time of mourning.

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Been in Ohio since Monday. Haven’t seen nothing till this evening. Saw 7. Small 8 and a border line shooter 8 this evening. He was probably 115-120 and he didn’t give the grab the bow feeling even though the hunting has been bad. Got 2 more good days and hoping some big deer show up. Bucks don’t even look like they are rutting. That big 8’s hocks wasn’t even real dark and he was 15 yards from me. Don’t know what’s going on in SE Ohio.

Havana Dude

I finished my hunt about about 2:00 . Saw nothing. Duh. Just felt good to spread my wings a little. Pulled a card, have a decent , borderline 8 coming in. All night time pics . If he messes up during gun, somebody will pop him. He’s a good body size as well. Frame of reference here. I’m hunting river swamp in north Florida. Nothing that comes out of there is news worthy. But for us, he’s a decent buck.

rugerfan

My condolences to you and your family. I do not follow this thread often but check in now and then to see the brutes you all take. I am sorry for your loss, sir. Prayers being sent.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer

After my closing down post I received about 200 messages on here, FB messenger and calls or texts with offers of thoughts and prayers for something that no one knew the details on. Most of the messages are from folks I don't personally know and have never talked with, but they see this.

All are appreciated but definitely not expected. I'm a seriously private fella and don't normally share much about what's happening in my personal life, but again thanks for the thought.

I lost my momma on Saturday. My brother called about 1pm just before I was getting in a tree to give me the news and I've been on the phone since trying to help with arrangements. She was 77 and had been in bad health for last couple of years and living with him in GA. He was her primary care giver for about the last 8 months. Her passing was not expected, but I was not surprised either. It was just her time to go. She's definitely in a better place now.

Mark told me that even though she'd lost her mind in the last year, she asked him regularly "did Jim get a deer yet?" That was what she thought of when she thought of me. Even though she never hunted and never encouraged me to start hunting and had no way or the means to get me started, when I did start she never discouraged it...other than to tell me that my passion will cost me relationships :bounce:

My heart goes out to you JT We have a lot in common. I'm pretty private with family too and it took me years to share what I have especially on the forum. My Mom is 76 and not in the best of health. She has always supported my love of hunting although she has the most tender of hearts for animals. May God give you peace and comfort Thank you for sharing this with all of us ❤

gutterman

My Man! Glad you shared this with the people who follow you. Great respect for you and pray God gives you comfort in the days to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.