New Beginnings, JT and Bubba and friends Live From The Tree 2015 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Breaking here in MO as well.... We are getting on the road in 15 mins

Come on sweet beast, slip past one of these folks' stands

shadow2

Fell asleep last night before I remembered to turn my alarm on for this morning. Not good. Got up when I should have been getting out of the truck.

Non the less the mad dash to get in the tree is complete. Bumped a long deer 150yds from my tree walking in. Probable the one I have been looking for with the luck I have been having.

I forgot my range finder in my other pants from last night in the rush this am so that's cool. But I am hunting, the weather is awesome so life is overall ok.

welsh0311

3 1/2 year old 8 cruised by just before shooting light. What a great morning to be hunting. Nice frost on the ground. Last hunt for me, then I'm headed back to ATL and getting some work done before I come back just before gun season. Good luck fellas!

Scott75

Back at it. Sitting in a hardwood draw that runs north to south on the East side of the property. Have a few shooters cruising this draw so we'll sit all day & see what happens. Good luck to everyone this morning & stay safe

Sundays Money

Started with a eventful am light dies on way in but I know where stand is. Half way up drop rope go down flip on wrist. Climb back in stand rope is hung on step no light to see how to in wrap so back down to clear that up.
Now the hunting before light had a nasty buck roar in front if me 150 and had a doe slip by just now

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I'm back in the skinny woods where I was last night. Nice frosty morning with light breeze. Nothing here so far except a barking dog in the farmers yard. Jamie has seen 3 bucks- 2 were borderline shooters. Dennis left his phone at the barn this morning so no idea what's up with him. Today and tomorrow look like the best days this week so we gotta get it done.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sounds like they are moving. Gotta move or we won't have babies in the spring!

flatsmaster

Kill him Sunday ... our setup today is Jake is in the big cedar that's like the hub of a wheel if they move thru farm he will see most of them at 25 yds ... my daughter is in a lock on by standing corn hoping for a yote ... Jon is in the I95 gr blind bc the traffic is heavy between the 2 big thickets and I'm on a fence row with a thin little dike that goes between 2 waterways to my left at 30 yds that usually is there escape route out of the back side of thicket ...Jess has seen 4 doe in corn and Jake has had a couple of bucks cruise by him .... perfect morning looking for a shooter

Heavy Chevy

I'm in dbl bull in west end of pocket not even a squirrel here so far but what fantastic sunrise and beautiful morning:fine:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We are about 4 hours from our first ever trip to the great state of Iowa!

This will be our annual Outfitter SpotlightSpotlight... Where we finally take a lil break and let someone else do all the heavy work and allow us to kick back and hunt:yeah:

This season we will be in Muscatine County hunting with new friend Austin Maas of www.brokenbrow.com. This is in SE portion of the state and zone 7.

Austin is a family man, hunter and a farmer. He runs very few hunters (no more than 4 at a time) and we slipped up and have the farm to ourselves this week! The crazy Iowa draw caused his repeats to miss this season. His farm is family owned for 3 gens and is more than 3000 acres.

This week we have a dark moon and cool (not freaking cold:deadhorse:) weather with only a slight chance of rain during the week. PLUS ITS THE 2ND WEEK OF NOVEMBER!

This has all the makings of an epic week! But as always, our updates always rely on cell service. You know I'll do my best to bring you along with us to see all the sights and sounds and ups and downs.

This is a buck killed in last couple of days

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1446986948637.jpg
    FB_IMG_1446986948637.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 606

flatsmaster

Just had a decent 8 come out of CRP and hit the grunt and by me at 9 yds ... I like it but need 1 a yr or 2 older

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Good luck in Iowa JT and Bubba. Your luck is bound to change. Jamie just had another borderline buck cruise by, I'm still ofer this mirning.

Status
Not open for further replies.