JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different II

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow motion

Running late as usual but not so late to skip breakfast. Croissant is delicious. Giant tater tots imposters not so much. Best I can describe is pimento mashed potatoes with a tiny amount of shredded potato on the outside to hold together.
20231108_052652.jpg20231108_052659.jpg
Another S wind. Not my favorite but who knows. Good luck peeps. JT n Bubba gonna get it done today.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand! And this one is a special stand more than normal. I killed a fine big ol heavy drop tine 8 back in November 2017 right here.

I’m in a ladder that backs up to a creek with a levy to my left and a little clearing out front with cut beans to right.

Just about every tree in here is rubbed.

It’s warm again at 54 with a stiff breeze from WNW almost dead in my face.

Will get location pic if can get it to load.

Good luck folks! It’s gonna be a good day!!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
A @slow motion kind of morning for me. Did some rearranging on the 4 wheeler. Left the quiver at the house. I keep a 243 on the wheeler for coyotes. So I'm sitting here with a gun in my lap for the 1st time in 15 yrs maybe :mad: changes the whole dynamic and mindset of how to approach the am.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I’m back on stand trimmed two limbs on way in, get to tree and my release is missing. I have my back up but dang that’s the favorite.
Anyway our #1 was taken yesterday by a young man and taped at 193” was missing a tine also so I’d say he was 200” last week.
This is the deer he got View attachment 1267674
That's sexy!

rstallings1979

Decided to go to our least intrusive spot this morning while we wait for the weather to turn. It’s a pretty spot with a four acre corn field and a big oak in the middle 40 yards from the stand. To the rear is a tucked area of a larger field with a nice water hole about 200 yards away. They will have to go around us through the wide open or by us to get to it if they want a drink (unless they are already bedded down right next to it due to the heat).

Attachments

• IMG_4896.jpeg
    IMG_4896.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4895.jpeg
    IMG_4895.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.