OFFICIAL WORK OUT THREAD

oldfella1962

I'm still at it! But I am doubling down on SAFETY when I exercise. With my wife in a delicate medical situation, myself ending up injured or in the hospital would be extremely counterproductive for her recovery.

sprewett

Been slacking, not much motivation left after all the business stuff at the end of the day my position changed from employee to owner at the first of the year and it has been hectic!!!! Working alot mostly 12 hours days but quite a few 16 hours days. I have felt the toll on my body achy joints and lethargic feelings mostly. At any rate I went back to the gym tonight because I know if I go I will do something working out at home ain't gonna happen for me. Now in other news I ain't gonna be able to move tomorrow after being lazy and starting back tonight

Stainlessman

Lots and lots of hours working.
I own my own business. I work seven days a week December thru March.
I'm feeling it this week. After a year of not eating carbs and sugar.
Back in Oct I went slowly back to adding carbs. A bagel now and then or a ice cream cone. I've gone up a couple pants sizes since. Not good. I'll be slowing my work soon and adding my walking back into my life. I miss it.
Looking to close down my business at the end of 2024 and not worry about filling orders. Just walk every day and do as I like.
And advise about retirement is welcome.

sprewett

Lots and lots of hours working.
I own my own business. I work seven days a week December thru March.
I'm feeling it this week. After a year of not eating carbs and sugar.
Back in Oct I went slowly back to adding carbs. A bagel now and then or a ice cream cone. I've gone up a couple pants sizes since. Not good. I'll be slowing my work soon and adding my walking back into my life. I miss it.
Looking to close down my business at the end of 2024 and not worry about filling orders. Just walk every day and do as I like.
And advise about retirement is welcome.
Wear the fish out!!!!! Just don't sit down after retirement and stop. Seen too many fellas over the years that retired just stopped and shortly after died. In other news congrats on the upcoming retirement..I sure hope you enjoy it sounds like you've surely earned it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
A workout thread? I missed it, but I’ve been doing a little bit of bench press, curls and sit ups, on my kids new bench. We finally got his bench and weights together shortly after Christmas. Made a space in the basement and put down some indoor outdoor carpet.
My first session lifting was pretty sad as I could barely lift the bar and the smallest weights…..it was shakin real bad! I sent my friend a pic and he asked me if those were washers on the bar…..lol. After just a couple days of bench pressing, it stopped shaking. Still can’t lift much, but have been doing 3 sets of 10 presses, 10 curls and 15 sit ups, then repeat with arms swings in between. It’s not much of a workout, but it’s something. I’m still focusing on stretches as well. No issues with the new shoulder at all. I’ve been able to do this at least 3 times a week, but have slacked a few more times than that.
Starting to play golf with my 20 yo kid again too. Very pleased with the shoulder again as it had nothing to do with how bad I played…..it was all me! It may not seem too physical riding around in the cart and hitting a little white ball, but go look for your ball in these steep north Ga mountains and I promise you, you will feel it!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Im glad I found this thread…..gonna go hit that Lil routine. Oh, I don’t know if it counts, but I’m still slinging a few arrows just about every day too. Maybe just a few, but I’m trying to hold at full draw for long periods of time with each shot, then a few short quick shots to keep it real. Mostly shooting 35-60 yards too.……backing up that far makes me slow everything down and Keep it smooth.

ATLFalconsfan80

Im glad I found this thread…..gonna go hit that Lil routine. Oh, I don’t know if it counts, but I’m still slinging a few arrows just about every day too. Maybe just a few, but I’m trying to hold at full draw for long periods of time with each shot, then a few short quick shots to keep it real. Mostly shooting 35-60 yards too.……backing up that far makes me slow everything down and Keep it smooth.
I’m glad you found it too…and good work!! Thing is… nobody cares how much you can lift as long as your keeping a healthy lifestyle…we only care that your exercising…but that’s awesome and I’m glad you found this thread!!!

ATLFalconsfan80

As we get older…we realize it is what it is…my goal is to be better and to see my kids have kids and be called “Pops”…. That’s what I’m working for…for anyone who is using this platform to say what they lifting poundage wise, no-one cares respectfully,…this is to make sure we all are doing what we can to make it as long as we can… In my honest opinion…this is one of the most important threads on this platform…if you have any recommendations on food or supplements please let us know!!! Thank all yall!!

sprewett

As we get older…we realize it is what it is…my goal is to be better and to see my kids have kids and be called “Pops”…. That’s what I’m working for…for anyone who is using this platform to say what they lifting poundage wise, no-one cares respectfully,…this is to make sure we all are doing what we can to make it as long as we can… In my honest opinion…this is one of the most important threads on this platform…if you have any recommendations on food or supplements please let us know!!! Thank all yall!!
I take a multivitamin almost daily and drink a gallon of water daily have for about 25 years. Food wise I could do much better, however, I do stay away from sweets and diet sodas.
My favorite health food is a deer roast slow cooked, okra in the air fryer (not breaded), and roasted brussel sprouts with a bit of Parmesan cheese on top.
I'm right there with ya I no longer care about how much I can throw around it is about longevity at this point.

sinclair1

I take a multivitamin almost daily and drink a gallon of water daily have for about 25 years. Food wise I could do much better, however, I do stay away from sweets and diet sodas.
My favorite health food is a deer roast slow cooked, okra in the air fryer (not breaded), and roasted brussel sprouts with a bit of Parmesan cheese on top.
I'm right there with ya I no longer care about how much I can throw around it is about longevity at this point.
Love Brussels roasted! I would love to brag on big weights, but I have gotten weak the last few years.

earlthegoat2

Cleans to front squat to push press 3x5
Squats 4x8
Romanian Deadlift 3x10
Bent over barbell row 3x8
Bench press 3x10
Overhead press 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10
Crunches 3x20
Farmers Carry 50 yds 4x
Jog 3 miles

Just had a death in the family of someone I was very close to so there is a bit of built up rage going on.

sprewett

Squats 4x8
Romanian Deadlift 3x10
Bench press 3x10
Overhead press 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10
Crunches 3x20
Farmers Carry 50 yds 4x
Jog 3 miles

Just had a death in the family of someone I was very close to so there is a bit of built up rage going on.
Sorry for your loss!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Squats 4x8
Romanian Deadlift 3x10
Bench press 3x10
Overhead press 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10
Crunches 3x20
Farmers Carry 50 yds 4x
Jog 3 miles

Man that’s terrible……your making Good decisions in tough times though!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My main recommendation is to Hydrate! I drink a gallon of water everyday plus at least one electrolyte type of drink. Daily vitamins , + D3 & B12. Gonna pick up some Turmeric and start adding that. I drink some energy or pre workout (C4) daily which I know are bad, but i like them And just 1 a day.
I never get headaches, ever, unless I don’t hydrate and I’ll know it immediately. Overall I actually feel better than I have my whole life, cept that smokers cough.IKR! I’ll be 57 yo the 30th of this month. i weigh 185# which has been the lowest ever, my entire adult life, including high school. Keep on keeping on y’all!