OFFICIAL WORK OUT THREAD

oldfella1962

I take a multivitamin almost daily and drink a gallon of water daily have for about 25 years. Food wise I could do much better, however, I do stay away from sweets and diet sodas.
My favorite health food is a deer roast slow cooked, okra in the air fryer (not breaded), and roasted brussel sprouts with a bit of Parmesan cheese on top.
I'm right there with ya I no longer care about how much I can throw around it is about longevity at this point.
A gallon of water per day? :eek2: I cannot even wrap my mind around that.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
A gallon of water per day? :eek2: I cannot even wrap my mind around that.
Yasss! I start each day with coffee, then right into gummies and water. Water is Expensive! My wife bought a Zero Water pitcher that removes all the solids and tastes great! I have a gallon jug with an amethyst in it that I fill daily and take to work. I use my favorite cup with ice and just keep refilling it. BTW, the amethyst gives me power…….look it up :huh:

SarahFair

My main recommendation is to Hydrate!
THIS is my biggest obstacle.
I'm hardly ever thirsty, but can see and feel (headaches) the negative side effects from being dehydrated.
It's just so hard to force myself to drink anything outside of meal time :huh:

hopper

A workout thread? I missed it, but I’ve been doing a little bit of bench press, curls and sit ups, on my kids new bench. We finally got his bench and weights together shortly after Christmas. Made a space in the basement and put down some indoor outdoor carpet.
My first session lifting was pretty sad as I could barely lift the bar and the smallest weights…..it was shakin real bad! I sent my friend a pic and he asked me if those were washers on the bar…..lol. After just a couple days of bench pressing, it stopped shaking. Still can’t lift much, but have been doing 3 sets of 10 presses, 10 curls and 15 sit ups, then repeat with arms swings in between. It’s not much of a workout, but it’s something. I’m still focusing on stretches as well. No issues with the new shoulder at all. I’ve been able to do this at least 3 times a week, but have slacked a few more times than that.
Starting to play golf with my 20 yo kid again too. Very pleased with the shoulder again as it had nothing to do with how bad I played…..it was all me! It may not seem too physical riding around in the cart and hitting a little white ball, but go look for your ball in these steep north Ga mountains and I promise you, you will feel it!
That's Awsome! Get that routine dont overdue it and keep at it. Your gonna feel stronger on no time. Glad you mentioned stretching. That's one thing I'm trying to take more seriously to avoid injury. Just 5 min of jog in place, jumping Jack's, torso rotation before a workout. Then slow stretch the muscle groups you just worked out for a few minutes after is a good start. Walking, golfing,hiking all great ways to keep moving. Good to see you here Buddy!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
THIS is my biggest obstacle.
I'm hardly ever thirsty, but can see and feel (headaches) the negative side effects from being dehydrated.
It's just so hard to force myself to drink anything outside of meal time :huh:
less Water and more electrolytes? Instead of a heavy bladder full of water, I went back to just a bottle, but with some type of liquid IV or electrolyte type drink In it. Again they can be expensive, but what’s not these days?
Walmarts Force factor line of supplements have kinda come to the rescue. I think they are much less expensive than the big names and I like them a lot……it’s basically a Gatorade+ The liquid IV can be found at Costco for $1 each in a 30 pack and the force factors are a 20 pack for $15 at Wally World.

I picked up some Qunol Turmerick and started adding them to my plan.

My son and I played golf yesterday in the rain. I can really feel it this morning! I’m almost dried out Too!

That's Awsome! Get that routine dont overdue it and keep at it. Your gonna feel stronger on no time. Glad you mentioned stretching. That's one thing I'm trying to take more seriously to avoid injury. Just 5 min of jog in place, jumping Jack's, torso rotation before a workout. Then slow stretch the muscle groups you just worked out for a few minutes after is a good start. Walking, golfing,hiking all great ways to keep moving. Good to see you here Buddy!
great to be here brother!

BeerThirty

Wife and I bought the kids a combined xmas present this past year. Power cage, adjustable bench and 300 lbs of bumper plates. My oldest son has wanted his own weight set for a few years now, being involved in sports. But in the back of my mind, I could justify the expense (around $1k) IF I got some personal use out of it too.

Well, since xmas we've been getting up at 5:30 four days a week before school to lift. Mon/Thurs arms day (bench, curls, rows, incline bench and shoulder press) and Tues/Fri leg day (squats, hand cleans and landmines). It's an 8-week program and so far both boys have gained 15 lbs in their bench and cleans, and 30-45 lbs in their squats. I work my reps in with them but I'm not lifting for strength really, just endurance at this stage.

So that combined with casually making better eating choices and drinking WAY more water, I've lost about 45 pounds since this time, last year. It's crazy for me to think this way, but I haven't been this light since high school.

ddd-shooter

Wife and I bought the kids a combined xmas present this past year. Power cage, adjustable bench and 300 lbs of bumper plates. My oldest son has wanted his own weight set for a few years now, being involved in sports. But in the back of my mind, I could justify the expense (around $1k) IF I got some personal use out of it too.

Well, since xmas we've been getting up at 5:30 four days a week before school to lift. Mon/Thurs arms day (bench, curls, rows, incline bench and shoulder press) and Tues/Fri leg day (squats, hand cleans and landmines). It's an 8-week program and so far both boys have gained 15 lbs in their bench and cleans, and 30-45 lbs in their squats. I work my reps in with them but I'm not lifting for strength really, just endurance at this stage.

So that combined with casually making better eating choices and drinking WAY more water, I've lost about 45 pounds since this time, last year. It's crazy for me to think this way, but I haven't been this light since high school.
Great job! Having my own rack really helped my wife and I. We never could see ourselves going to the gym, so buying one just made sense.

BeerThirty

The getting up stunk l, but having the gym to myself this morning at 4 was awesome!
Good for you. Keep it up!

I could not get up that early to work out. I struggle enough as it is getting up at 5:30. Afternoon workouts have always been more productive for me, but I just don't have the time in the evenings anymore.

earlthegoat2

Home gyms are the bees knees.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I have a gallon jug with an amethyst in it that I fill daily and take to work. I use my favorite cup with ice and just keep refilling it. BTW, the amethyst gives me power…….look it up :huh:
you got any linkys about this??

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Good for you. Keep it up!

I could not get up that early to work out. I struggle enough as it is getting up at 5:30. Afternoon workouts have always been more productive for me, but I just don't have the time in the evenings anymore.
I’m pretty much the opposite, I’m a morning person, just like my dad was. By early afternoon though, I’m usually wiped out, just like my dad Was…..lol

you got any linkys about this??

I’m not sure if this will work, I just did a google search. My kid has always enjoyed rocks, crystals, and gems etc…. I don’t remember where we got the idea(probably his), but we put one in his water jug he always had at baseball. If nothing else, it’s a mental thing, and kinda fun when people ask me why I have a purple rock in my jug :bounce:

sprewett

Yesterday afternoon after a day full of rest decided to hit the gym. Worked legs for the first time since being back, boy I am sure gonna be sore come Monday morning. I kinda eased into it and just really focused on very strict movements with low weight but I can tell I haven't squated in a while.

oldfella1962

Yesterday afternoon after a day full of rest decided to hit the gym. Worked legs for the first time since being back, boy I am sure gonna be sore come Monday morning. I kinda eased into it and just really focused on very strict movements with low weight but I can tell I haven't squated in a while.
Definitely the "smart play" going with strict movements & low weight especially with squatting! (y) I'm almost 62 - and not a "fitness expert" by any means - but a full career in the military (mostly Army) and continuing to stay fit l(and relatively injury free) long after my military retirement has taught me a thing or two. You can always add more weight when your body is ready, but if you add too much too soon you can sabotage your efforts or injure yourself permanently. Also strict movements/good form are very important no matter what exercise you are doing. If you get sloppy or cut corners you can injure yourself. My motto is carefully focus on every rep. If your form is drifting and you just aren't sure that you can do "one more rep" in your set, don't do that next rep. Just my 2 cents.

sprewett

Not as sore as I thought I would be but still pretty sore. This evening after work lifted and the wife lifted with me.
50 minutes of lifting chest, shoulders, and triceps
Then I got on the elliptical and she got in stair climber. I don't enjoy going but I realize it is imperative to stay healthy and I do enjoy the feeling afterwards..

SarahFair

Last weekend I was wearing some duck boots walking down a gully when some wet leaves sent me down the hill quicker than I anticipated. My leg got tucked up underneath my rear end then pulled to the side, now my abductors feel strained when I do certain exercises :cautious:

I'm also having to back off the weights for the upper body because I think I might have pulled something under my collar bone months ago that keeps getting worse.
I'm starting to wonder if it might be my pillow and sleeping position because even after taking the 2 weeks off when I believe I had covid, it got worse.
There's also a crick feeling in my neck like it needs to pop, my ear sometimes feels stopped up and I'll have dizzy like spells..

So I have been and will be trekking along on the treadmill til I get better :confused: