OFFICIAL WORK OUT THREAD

hopper

Anybody still gettn after it? Been a while since anyone posted. I got to start getting back into it I have let laziness creep in. Chasing animals has been my workouts but I got to be more disciplined in actually working out
Still at it myself. I stopped posting here for lack of participation. I finished the 2nd 8 weeks of liift4 and an on 7th week of liift more. This one is 40 min workouts 5 days a week vs the 40 min 4 days a week. I really want to stay with it laziness and procrastination has always been my downfall in the past when it comes to my heath. I'm still keeping up with eating alot better than I have in the past.
Shoulder day today and that was tough. I gotta keep it pretty light with shoulders but I pushed through.
Good Luck getting back to it!

sprewett

Still at it myself. I stopped posting here for lack of participation. I finished the 2nd 8 weeks of liift4 and an on 7th week of liift more. This one is 40 min workouts 5 days a week vs the 40 min 4 days a week. I really want to stay with it laziness and procrastination has always been my downfall in the past when it comes to my heath. I'm still keeping up with eating alot better than I have in the past.
Shoulder day today and that was tough. I gotta keep it pretty light with shoulders but I pushed through.
Good Luck getting back to it!
I've been back at it for about 3 weeks now. Exercise 6 days. I do count hunting when I walk up and down mtns.

hopper

I've been back at it for about 3 weeks now. Exercise 6 days. I do count hunting when I walk up and down mtns.
Watched a show were the host went around the globe talking to 95+ yr old pretty active people. Besides a decent diet they all had one thing in common. Walking.

earlthegoat2

Still at it. I work part time at a gym now also so it would be pretty bad if I stopped working out.

Leg day last Monday

Front Squats 5x8
Romanian Deadlifts 4x10
Leg Curls 3x8
Leg extensions 3x8
Back extensions 3x10
Single leg press 3x10
Calf raise 3x15-20

SarahFair

Anybody still gettn after it? Been a while since anyone posted. I got to start getting back into it I have let laziness creep in. Chasing animals has been my workouts but I got to be more disciplined in actually working out
I'm in there everyday M-F, I have to to keep the habit up, otherwise the "tomorrows" will slowly creep in.

Watched a show were the host went around the globe talking to 95+ yr old pretty active people. Besides a decent diet they all had one thing in common. Walking.
The gym I go to has lots of older people in it.
They are all very active and work on their balance and mobility, some can put me to shame on the treadmills and elliptical :eek2:

oldfella1962

Yes to the walking! I think I mentioned it before about the studies with Sardinian - maybe Corsican - elderly shepherds who walk miles every day (you know sheep and other grazing animals are always on the move) and eat light & healthy who are in great shape. The human body functions best when it's active & moving no doubt about it.

hopper

Happy New Years. No resolutions here just keeping on keeping on. Finished the liift more and started a 3wk 6days a week program along with elliptical 3 days a week. Wife finally talked me in to yoga last night. May give it a shot at night for a week or two. It's been mentioned to me by chiropractors in the past so what the heck can't hurt.

oldfella1962

Happy New Years. No resolutions here just keeping on keeping on. Finished the liift more and started a 3wk 6days a week program along with elliptical 3 days a week. Wife finally talked me in to yoga last night. May give it a shot at night for a week or two. It's been mentioned to me by chiropractors in the past so what the heck can't hurt.
I have a brand-new calendar hanging up dedicated to fitness data & info and thus begins another year's worth of opportunity. Today's "exercise" will be taking down all my Christmas decorations so it will involve much lifting, stretching, balance, etcetera from various muscle groups so that is a good way to ease into a year of staying focused on being healthy.

hopper

I have a brand-new calendar hanging up dedicated to fitness data & info and thus begins another year's worth of opportunity. Today's "exercise" will be taking down all my Christmas decorations so it will involve much lifting, stretching, balance, etcetera from various muscle groups so that is a good way to ease into a year of staying focused on being healthy.
Thanks for reminding me about those decorations. Guess I'm pulling the ladder out today or tomorrow.

oldfella1962

Thanks for reminding me about those decorations. Guess I'm pulling the ladder out today or tomorrow.
I just finished the ladder work before any winds pick up.

oldfella1962

My dad, age 82, took me, my boy, and my nephew to his gym over the holiday break. I shot a short clip of him workin' his abs. Exercise is good for the mind, body and spirit!

impressive! That's a tough exercise - many younger people can't do it.
You dad is awesome!

basshappy

BANNED
@oldfella1962 thank you so much! My dad has always worked out when he is able to. The old 4 sport athlete he was back in his youth, coached wrestling and brought my brother and I into wrestling. I remember lifting weights with him in our utility room in my youth. And other than a few times of falling ill, he has continued to exercise and lift all of his years. Love him!

earlthegoat2

What I tell my training clients (who are often 65 +) goes something like this.

The best time to plant a tree was 50 years ago….or today.

The best time to start working out was in your 20s…..or today.