Brock bowers out 3-6 weeks

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Winters in Columbus aren't horrible.
I was stationed at Wright Patterson and lived in Cleveland a few years. I want nothing to do with northern weather. I can see some kid who chills at 65 degrees in Columbus in Feburary.

bullgator

Actually Texas as well as out west has been just as good to OSU. They are a national brand and go get who they want. If they couldn't get them from FL they would go get them somewhere else. Really the only help FL has been is at WR.
Bottom line…..y’all can’t build a team from Ohio and contiguous states. The south supplies y’all with your top talent, especially at skill positions. The Bosa brothers were educated and football trained in Florida even if you claim them as native sons. Florida, Georgia, and Texas could all build NC teams with local instate talent if other conferences didn’t feel the need to dip in down here.

Resica

I was stationed at Wright Patterson and lived in Cleveland a few years. I want nothing to do with northern weather. I can see some kid who chills at 65 degrees in Columbus in Feburary.
Cleveland is different than Columbus. Tons of snow in Cleveland, not so much in Columbus.

Resica

Bottom line…..y’all can’t build a team from Ohio and contiguous states. The south supplies y’all with your top talent, especially at skill positions. The Bosa brothers were educated and football trained in Florida even if you claim them as native sons. Florida, Georgia, and Texas could all build NC teams with local instate talent if other conferences didn’t feel the need to dip in down here.
How it's changed with the rust belt having great players.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Phoenix is average 72/48 in February.
Columbus averages 40/22 in Feburary.

Those western kids will love it. :bounce:

bullgator

How it's changed with the rust belt having great players.
High school athletes, especially skilled positions, can train year round in the south and other warm weather regions. I honestly believe that’s why California to the Carolinas is so talent laden.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Winters in Columbus aren't horrible.
If there’s snow for more than 5 days total, it’s horrible. Trust me on this.

Madsnooker

Who cares. The gators are in the heart of great recruiting land and aren't worth watching. If yall can't do anything with them they will go were someone can. Yall need to figure out how to keep you boys home. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bullgator

Who cares. The gators are in the heart of great recruiting land and aren't worth watching. If yall can't do anything with them they will go were someone can. Yall need to figure out how to keep you boys home. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That’s the truth. We have NC teams we compete against right here in our state……FSU and Miami. Add border states Georgia and Alabama and all that Florida talent gets spread out fast. Ohio doesn’t have that problem…..schools don’t set up recruiting offices there.

Madsnooker

That’s the truth. We have NC teams we compete against right here in our state……FSU and Miami. Add border states Georgia and Alabama and all that Florida talent gets spread out fast. Ohio doesn’t have that problem…..schools don’t set up recruiting offices there.
Actually they do. Granted we don't have the numbers but ttun, Penn St, Kentucky all cherry pick Ohio. Ohio doesn't have spring football and hurts the high school kids with recruiting rankings but the NFL has alot of Ohio players.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
but the NFL has alot of Ohio players

Who came from the South. Always finish the sentence snook so nobody misinterprets what you mean. :bounce:

Madsnooker

Who came from the South. Always finish the sentence snook so nobody misinterprets what you mean. :bounce:
:rofl:I didn't say Ohio St players, which they do have alot of those by the way, :wink: I said Ohio players. Born and breed Ohio players. And I would also counter that alot of southern players actually have moved south the last 2 decades and thats why alot of the great ones end up back up north at OSU because they grew up loving OSU.

I do appreciate your concern though elfiii as I think I'm misinterpreted here alot!!!:rofl:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Here you go. SEC leads the way followed by the Big 10. OSU is number 3 behind Alabama and Georgia as far as individual schools go. The surprise to me is the Sun Belt conference having as many as they do despite being a lower division.

Resica

Actually they do. Granted we don't have the numbers but ttun, Penn St, Kentucky all cherry pick Ohio. Ohio doesn't have spring football and hurts the high school kids with recruiting rankings but the NFL has alot of Ohio players.
Where is your quarterback and Harrison from? Eddie George, etc?

Latest posts